If you feel more comfortable engaging 501c3 Team to complete all of the necessary incorporation documents and the 501(c)(3) application form on your behalf, we can do that.
HOW WE DO THAT:
The 501c3 Team staff has worked with hundreds of nonprofit organizations over the past 15+ years, so we are intimately familiar with the “intricacies” of working with the IRS. Your nonprofit’s 501(c)(3) application will be worked on by an attorney experienced in working with the IRS on tax-exemption matters (unlike many of the other organizations advertising similar services on the Internet, that do not use attorneys to handle this work–which we believe is a bad idea since you’ll be stuck with whatever they do).
To make all this happen—and easy on you, we’ll provide you with an Application Questionnaire about your organization. The information required on the Application Questionnaire is necessary for us to have in order to complete all the documents on your behalf.
If after we review your responses on the Application Questionnaire and determine (in our experience) that your organization wouldn’t be approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization, we’ll tell you that and you won’t owe us anything.
If we have filed your 501(c)(3) application with the IRS and fail to obtain approval from the IRS of your organization’s tax-exempt status (if you have purchased 501c3 Team’s Full Services Preparation Package) we will refund 100% of the fees that you have paid to 501c3 Team. Since we have a 100% success rate in obtaining tax-exempt status for every organization that we’ve created, this is a pretty easy guarantee for us to make.
WHAT IT COSTS:
The Full Services Preparation Package costs $1,295.00. This amount is exclusive of the fees you will be responsible for in connection with incorporating your nonprofit in the State of your choosing (typically this runs between $50.00 and $150.00 depending on the State) and the application fee that gets paid to the IRS for filing your 501(c)(3) application form (currently the fee for the IRS is $850.00).
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow in order to engage us to complete your organization’s creation and application for tax-exempt status with the IRS:
- Email us at email@example.com to begin the process;
- We will respond to your email by sending you the Application Questionnaire;
- Complete the Application Questionnaire and email it back to us;
- Upon our review of your Application Questionnaire we will contact you as to whether we believe the activities you wish to perform through your nonprofit should be approved by the IRS.You will receive, via email, our Client Engagement Letter that you will need to sign and send back to us;
- You will remit partial payment of our Preparation Fee in order to draft your organization’s incorporation documents and establish your nonprofit in the State of your choice;
- We will arrange for a 30 minute phone consultation to gather any missing information for your 501(c)(3) application form;
- You will remit the remaining payment of our Preparation Fee in order for us to draft your 501(c)(3) application form; and
- Sign the completed 501(c)(3) application form and mail that to us for submission to the IRS (with the necessary application fee payable to the IRS).
WHAT IT INCLUDES:
Our Full Services Preparation Package includes the following:
- 30 minute phone consultation with a 501c3 Team staff member to discuss your organization and the process;
- Incorporation of your nonprofit in your State;
- Creation of your bylaws and minutes of your organizational board meeting;
- Obtaining your Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN);
- Completing your 501(c)(3) application form;
- Submitting the completed 501(c)(3) application form to the IRS;
- Assisting you to respond to any requests from the IRS during the review process of 501(c)(3) application;
- Receiving approval from the IRS of your tax-exempt status; and
- Providing a letter to you detailing some of the steps you will need to take in the future to maintain your tax-exempt status with the IRS and your State.